Home Remedies For Hair Loss
Hair loss is a distressing problem which many men and women face these days. When the normal hair fall and re-growth cycle is hampered due to some reason, the loss of hair becomes evident. It is normal to lose up to 100 strands of hair each day. A new hair growing from the same follicle replaces the lost hair. When this does not happen, one can feel and see the loss of hair. The signs of hair loss are generalized thinning of hair, receding hair line and widened part in the centre of scalp, bald patches or total baldness.
Generally the women do not lose as much as hairs as men do. Male alopecia is usually genetically inherited. A derivative of the male hormone testosterone is formed at the hair roots. This derivative is called dihydro testosterone and it is primarily responsible for male pattern baldness. Women usually experience thinning of hair post delivery and post menopause. The major factors contributing to hair loss in both men and women may be listed as follows:
1. Severe stress or shock
2. Hormonal imbalance
7. High fever
8. Crash dieting
9. Diet lacking in protein
10. Diet lacking in Vitamin A, B6, B12, C, folic acid, biotin.
11. Diet lacking in minerals like copper, iron, zinc
12. Exposure to radiation and chemotherapeutic drugs
13. Intake of birth control pills
14. Traumatic injury
15. Immune disorder like alopecia areata.
16. Bacterial, fungal or herpes infection of scalp.
17. Poor blood circulation in scalp
18. Over-brushing or combing
19. Tight hair styles
20. Excessive use of styling chemicals
21. Excessive use of heat styling tools
22. Ailments like syphilis, thyroid disease, connective tissue disease, typhoid, chronic cold, influenza, anemia, tumors, nervous disorders etc.
Home Remedies For Hair Loss
1. Boil 4 tablespoons of henna or mehendi in 1 cup mustard oil for about 10-12 minutes. Strain and store. Use this oil for massaging on bald patches daily. This is an effective home remedy for hair loss.
2. Apply freshly extracted juice of the leaf of amaranth on scalp and hair. You will see new hair replacing the lost hair quickly.
3. Rub cut onion on the bald patches till it reddens. This should be followed by the application of honey. This compensates hair loss by inducing hair growth
4. Grind fenugreek seeds with water to make a paste. Apply the paste on scalp and keep for 40 minutes. Then rinse off. This treats baldness effectively.
5. Make a hair pack by mixing 5 tablespoon curd, 2 tablespoon raw gram powder and 1 tablespoon lemon juice. Apply this pack on hair and keep for an hour. Then wash off thoroughly. This combats baldness problem.
6. Mix honey and egg yolk and apply the mixture on scalp and hair. Wash after 30 minutes. This gives relief from hair loss problem.
7. Massage scalp with coconut milk and rinse with warm water after 30 minutes. This is a good curative measure for hair loss.
8. Application of Aloe Vera gel on scalp followed by warm water rinsing also fetches rewarding results.
9. Massage the freshly extracted juice of coriander leaves on scalp. This is a useful hair loss remedy.
10. Hot coconut oil or olive oil massage can be quite helpful.
11. Combine neem oil and coconut oil and massage on scalp. This prevents hair loss.
12. Wash hair with cold water and then vigorously massage scalp with finger tips. This improves blood circulation, strengthens hair follicles and triggers hair growth to replace the loss.
13. Consume a nutritious diet consisting of green leafy vegetables and proteins like egg, soy etc.
14. Take mineral supplements and multi-vitamin supplements.
15. Meditate and practice yogic exercises to remain stress free.